She loved the headband :-)
Note the "red white and blue" ribbons in her hair!
Before leaving the house we checked the mail, and Meagan had a package. About a month ago I signed her up for this program called Princess Fairy Godmother. It's a Christian based program for girls of all ages up through age 14. When you sign up, you give them your childs name, birthdate, address, clothing sizes, and intrests, and then they send her stuff a couple times a year and including special holidays like birthdays, Christmas, ect.... and its all free! Well her first package came today. I had not told her about it previously, so I opened it with her and this is what we found:
Modling her new Tinkerbell PJs!
Her princess "diary"
"Hello My Little Princess,
I am so happy to meet you! I hope you like your gifts. Remember to always be a good little princess and listen to your mommy. I'll be watchin over you and with you in your dreams. You can write me anytime. Dream Big and Laugh Often!
With Sugar and Lollipops,
Your Fairy Godmother"
Meagan LOVED it! I played it off like I had no idea where it came from to which Meagan responded "Mama I know where it came from" and when I asked where, she said "it's from my mommy in heaven" :-) I almost cried. She needed something like this, and God knew just how to make it 10x more special for her, and that was to make it seem like it was coming from her mommy in heaven. :-) Btw, for any of you that are reading this that know a little girl who would benifit from a program like this, the website is http://www.princessfairygodmother.org . I can already tell that this has made her day and is sooo special to her...
We got to Fort Gordon around 5:30 and immediately realized the rides were SUPER DUPER expesive, but decided to let the kids ride a few things anyways.... The first ride they chose to ride was the slide! :-)
All three of them getting ready for the slide... But as you can see, Meagan and Brodie are sitting and Andrew is standing, trying to decide if this is what he really wants to do... lol
Andrew ended up changing his mind, so down the steps he came. Meagan and Brodie had fun on the slide though, until they got to the bottom........... You see, when they put the slide together today, they didn't put it together correctly and some of the pieces at the bottom were overlaped in the wrong way. When Meagan got to the bottom, it took the sack cloth from underneath her, and caught her foot, and sliced her big toe open.....
This was taken after alot of clean up..... and we were having to change the bandaids cause it was still bleeding a little from her walking on it. Meagan cried on and off about it for a little while, it was very painful, and it didn't help that everytime she stepped it hurt her foot. But she decided to carry on... Next Meagan decided she was going to take a small break so she sat out while the boys rode the swings.....
Andrew waiting for it to start
Brodie waiting...
And they both had a blast! Andrew really enjoyed it and giggled on it alot. :-) He even sat still the whole time! He was having a blast! As soon as the ride stopped as the lady was unbuckling him he said "I wanna do it AGAIN mommy!" So for their next ride we chose a different set of swings and Meagan, Brodie, and Andrew all rode it... and James decided to ride too!
The kids riding on the swings....
James... he seems to be enjoying this too much! lol
I got a video of them on the swings, I'll have to upload it to facebook later. lol After that we were out of tickets and decided to walk back to the truck. I had recently bought a bowling set for the kids off of an online yard sale thing and had not taken it out of the back of the truck, so I let the kids play with that!
Uncle J playing with the kids
Brodie "bowling" lol looked more like baseball! lol
The knocked down pins... James knocked them all down with one shot! lol
James's victory celebration
Andrew running to the pins with his bowling ball.. lol
Meagan helping to re-set them back up.
Meagan overall still had a blast tonight even with the hurt toe... Later Katie, John (her boyfriend), and Tyler (her son) showed up, and Katie brought me some bandaids so I could change the ones on Meagan's toe... see picture of her toe above..... and before long it was time for the fireworks....
Katie and the 4 kids watching the fireworks...
These are just a few of the many pictures I took. I love watching the fireworks, but tonight it was a little sad. Shawn and my first kiss was after our first (un)official date to the fireworks on the 4th of July in 09, and it only made me miss him that much more tonight... We finally got home around midnight, and so I told Meagan to come and let me clean her toe up really good before she went to bed...
Meagan's toe after complete clean up, adding bag-balm (Shawn's mircale working cream), and a bandaid, then I LOOSELY wraped it with some medical tape to keep the dirt out. Tomorrow I'm going to look at it really good, and hopefully it will show signs of improvement. If not we'll be making our way to the doctor... But for now it's time for bed...
Goodnight to everyone, have a good rest of the day babi, and STAY SAFE! I love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment