Meagan's first day of 1st grade
Week 1 down, ALL greens for Meagan!
Today was Brodie's first day of Pre-K and he LOVED it! He's in class with one of my two best friends' son, Tyler. Brodie was SUPER DUPER excited about that. We got to the school kinda early and took lots of pictures with Brodie and I, and Brodie and Tyler, and Brodie and his teachers. Here's just a glimpse into his first day. :-)
Meagan getting ready for her 2nd week of school....
Excited for school to start!
Right in front of the school :-)
Mommy and Brodie
Brodie and Tyler in front of the school
Best Friends with our boys :-)
Mrs. TK, Brodie, and Mrs. Sarah
Already playing and having fun.... "Bye Mommy!"
Tissues leading the way to the crying corner
After his first day. He LOVED school!
So Brodie was so excited after his bookbag was unpacked he said "Bye Mommy" and was done with me being there... he was so excited! So mommy left.... and followed the tissues down the hall and to the crying corner. They had scones, coffee, and hot cocco for the moms and dads. :-) I had a chocolate chip scone and some hot chocolate. :-) YUM! I picked up Brodie from carline and he was sooo excited he had such an awesome day, and talked about playing with Tyler and a "kissing raccoon?" lol From what I gathered it was a book about a raccoon who just started school also and kissed his mom when she left and then when she came back. Sounded like a cute story.
After we got home it was nap time for the boys... they weren't too thrilled about that, but both took naps. Meagan started having homework today. She's now doing spelling! WOW! lol Tonight's homework, writing sentences with 5 of her spelling words. I wish I could remember having these simple spelling words! "log, bog, dog, hog, fog, clog, frog, smog, and soggy" lol I love how the last one seems SO random! lol but we had fun coming up with sentences. "I have a dog." "I see the hog." "There is a log in the yard." "There is a clog in my straw." "I do not like soggy cereal." She came up with all the sentences herself, I was so proud. :-)
The boys were in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9. Meagan was allowed to stay awake until 9:30 and read the first chapter of the first book of the Junie B Jones series. "Junie B Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus" I'm not particularly fond of the word "stupid" for her, but we did talk about the fact that we don't use that word and it's not a nice word to say. Casey helped her read the first chapter and she did a pretty good job. :-) She did need some help here and there.... well alot, but it is a first/second grade level reading book and she just started 1st grade. She can't get better without learning new words right? We'd had enough of the small simple books. "There is a book, there is a bag, see the book, see the bag, put the book in the bag, the end." BORING lol She loves her new books. Now here I sit with PEACE AND QUIET all around... and LOVE it! Tomorrow Andrew starts Pre-K3.... Not looking forward to his first day... Mommy's really going to need the crying corner tomorrow! But after he gets there and is having fun, and we get into the swing of things I'm really going to enjoy having 3 days with no kids for a couple of hours at a time.:-) So for now I'm heading to bed to get some sleep before a new day!
No comments:
Post a Comment