Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Day Down, and Still WAY Too Many To Go....

So last night after I blogged, I finally got the call I'd been waiting on all week! :-) It was sooo awesome to hear his voice. I miss him so much! Casey stayed the night last night and we watched Army Wives till 3! lol It was fun. Eating popcorn and drinking sodas. The girls night that we both needed.

This morning we woke up and started getting ready, and Casey left. But do you think that kept us from talking? NO. lol I'm so thankful for her. It's like I was telling her today, God had a hand in this from the start. Gary brought Casey to the wedding, and although we were introduced we didn't really get to know each other at the time. But I think God knew that it would mean alot for her and Gary to be there for us on that day. Last Friday before our men left, Shawn and I went on a double date with Gary and Casey, and thus began a new friendship. Monday we exchanged numbers at the deployment ceramony, and we have been keeping in touch and talking and meeting up every since. It's so awesome to have someone who knows and understands EXACTLY what I'm going through and is going through it at the exact same time. :-) I forsee this friendship lasting for a very long time. Love ya girl!

Anyways, the morning went really fast, I got some stuff clean around the house. When I went to check on Lady, our dog, I found this, today's picture of the day:
 It's her colar, she apparently chewed it off.... so needless to say I ended up having to go get a new one tonight.

Meagan came home from school, another green day... she's had greens all week. :-) We headed into town and met up with Casey and the two boys she nannys at McDonalds. And we decided to have another Army Wives night. So to Walmart we went to get a new dog collar, some dog food, and some cat food. Home by 8:45pm and kids in bed by 9:15pm.  Meagan and Brodie continue to pray for their daddy and the people of Afganistan, Andrew prayed too, and I always think it is so cute to hear him pray. Tonight his prayer was really simple, "Dear God, Thank you for Shawn and you have to have to have to keep him safe in 'Ganistan. Amen" lol All the kids slept with their daddy dolls again tonight, and we had another tear free night.

I know you're seeing that it's like 2:30am, and that's because Casey came over at 10, and we had pizza and soda, and Army Wives till 2:15. lol So now it's late and it's off to bed I go. Supposedly according to one of the other wives our men are now on their final flight, but no one really knows for sure. I can't wait to hear from Shawn again. I miss him and love him soo much! I love you Shawn DeRaps! Call me soon and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment