Of week # 1 that is. lol
So I've made it through the end of the week. And I'm still doing alright. I'm surviving anyways... lol This morning started off rough. Meagan and Brodie were arguing about something. I never did figure out what exactly, but I think they would both argue with a brick wall if they could. lol Cereal for breakfast, and time for Saturday morning cartoons. While the kids were watchin cartoons, I did get a little bit of cleaning accomplished. The kitchen is straightened up, the guest bathroom cleaned.... and one load of laundry complete, another one in the dryer, still not folded. My babi called me this morning, he bought himself a cell phone so that he can call more often. The service sucked, the signal kept going in and out, but at least I got to hear his voice, and I needed that this morning. Monday I've got to go on base and get a special type of calling card so that I can call him, we've figured out that it will be cheaper that way, and unlike regular phone cards, this kind won't use up the mins as fast. I've found out the hard way that a normal phone card will allow you to call internatinally, but it charges you for 3 mins for every 1 min you talk. This new phone card is gonna cost about 60$ per card though.... I don't care, it's soooooo worth it just to hear his voice!
I knew I had a busy night ahead, so the kids got baths right before nap time. Did I say nap time? What I meant was the kids got baths right before they got in the bed to take a nap. You see the kids, all three of them, decided they didn't want to take a nap today, and after many threats and a couple of spanked bottoms, they still did not go to sleep..... until RIGHT before time to leave. Hey.... I tried. While the kids were "napping", or playing nap time really, I got a quick shower and got myself ready. As you may have guessed, today was just one of those days that I thought I was gonna loose it. lol The kids were on my last nerve. Thankfully I knew I was fixing to be able to have a short break and kept my sanity. lol
I finally left my house and went to moms. We had a ladies night planned. The men at my Aunt Bonnie and Aunt Cathy's church were doing a dinner for all the women. And it was just what I needed tonight. A break! lol James had his last night of the play tonight, and so my daddy kept the kids. Dad and the kids went to Hardees for supper. Gotta love a cheeseburger! lol But what I had was even better! Mom and I went to Nonnie's house and helped her finish getting ready to walk out the door, and then we went to dinner. The men had it decorated sooo nice, it was amazing the men were able to do such a wonderful just with the decorations. Which leads us to today's picture of the day:
Dinner started with a fruit (salad?) type appetizer. Iceburg lettuce on the bottom, a pear half, cheese, and strawberry halves. Who would have thought that cheese on top of a pear would be good? It was really good though. Oh and in the middle of the place-setting was a bookmark that talked about being a "Virtuous Woman" from Proverbs 31. It was pretty. Next came the main course, fillet minoun (sp?) steak, baked potato, green beans, and a roll. YUM so declious! Finally came dessert with a choice of apple or cherry pie. I of course had the cherry pie. :-) soo good.
After dinner there was a program, where the lady, and I can't remember her name now, gave her testimony, sang, and even told some jokes.... It was a good ladies night out, and I enjoyed myself. Whew, I needed that break. lol Back to mom's to pick up the kids, who had DISTROYED the play room, so I had to wait a little longer for them to pick-up the toys/watch tv. I finally had to turn the tv off so that they would actually clean. It's amazing just how much quicker they move when the tv is OFF. lol Finally got home at 10, and kids went straight to bed. Meagan and Brodie are doing awesome, they pray for daddy each night before bed and ask God to keep him safe. Andrew prayed for Shawn also and included his usual "and you have to have to have to keep daddy safe." Soo cute.... makes me smile every time. Andrew started pitching fits before bed last night and tryed to start it again tonight, but as soon as he realized I meant business he did finally go to sleep.
It's amazing. I'm actually getting in bed at a half-way decent time tonight. Casey and I took the night off from Army Wives tonight, we thought we could use some extra sleep. All 3 babies are actually asleep before 11, only about 30 mins after getting into bed. So what do you think I'm gonna do? GO TO BED, lol I'm looking forward to the sleep. And in the morning, I'll actually get to sleep a little later than normal on a Sunday. We're going to church with my mom tomorrow morning for Mother's Day. I would go to my church, but I'd rather actually be with family, especially my mom, on Mother's Day. Tomorrow night I'm going to try to go to my church though, and it will be the first Sunday I've gone to church without him. It's gonna be kinda weird.
Shawn if you're reading this, I love you sooo much! I'm soo glad I got to hear your voice today. I can't wait till you finally get internet in your room. Then we can skype and I'll actually be able to see your face again. :-) But for tonight I'm going to head to bed so I can close my eyes and dream of you.... I love you babi. Stay Safe. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment