Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 2 of Deployment

Well I know it's 1am but to me it's still day 2 since I haven't went to sleep yet. I woke up this morning and got my babi girl ready for school. As she was getting on the bus I couldn't help but pick up my phone and think about the fact that normally by that time I had gotten a text from Shawn saying something to the effect of "Good morning Sweets!" And right as I was starting to get teary eyed from missing my babi, the phone buzzed! No it wasn't Shawn, but it was Casey, a fellow Army wife (honorary wife that is! lol) texting me askind how I was doing. God is so good that way! She knew exactly how I was feeling. And we decided to set up a lunch date! Fun! The boys woke up and we had breakfast. It was then that I stumbled upon the perfect thing for my "picture of the day" for Shawn. Many of you may think its crazi or stupid, but I don't care!
And yes I did just post a picture of my toliet! lol This is the toliet in the master bath. Apparently I haven't been in there since Shawn left yesterday morning. He always leaves the toliet seat up and it always annoys me! But today I saw it and was like.... "Awwwww I'm gonna miss that!" It's weird that something I usually find so annoying makes me miss him that much more.

So anyways Casey and I met up for lunch at McDonalds and stayed there for almost 2 1/2 hours! But we had fun and talked and enjoyed ourselves while the boys played. Then the boys and I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few "craft" items. After that we headed home to wait for Meagan to get off the bus.

Mom texted me today.... they "tied a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree" in honor of Shawn....
:-) it made me smile. I didn't tie a ribbon around a tree, but I did tie some yellow ribbons on my/Shawn's truck antenna....

Meagan got off the school bus, did her homework, quick bite to eat for all of us, and then back to Evans.... I dropped off my 24 disposable cameras at CVS from the wedding. The pictures should be done sometime tomorrow! Can't wait to see them! Then to Walmart to pick up some shorts for Brodie and a couple of other "odds and ends" that were needed around the house. Speaking of which, my house is still a wreck! Anyone wanna come clean it for me? I didn't think so... darn.  That's ok though cause I'm not going anywhere during the day tomorrow and I'm gonna work on getting the house back in order.

So we finally get home and we do devotions and a quick story with the kids, and then of course prayer time. The book we read tonight was "We Serve Too!" It's a child's deployment book. We read it to the kids before Shawn left and they asked to read it again tonight. It's got a prayer at the end of the book that we are going to pray every night before bed. The prayer goes like this:


My Prayer for Daddy
"I pray my Daddy will be strong;
That time away will not be long,
I pray, dear Lord, be close to him.
On every mission, go with him.
While we at home stay strong and true,
Help us to love, and trust in You.
Amen."

The kids love saying this prayer for Shawn every night. Prayers went good tonight, Meagan and Brodie prayed that daddy would stay safe and come home soon, and to quote Andrew, "Thank you God for Mommy, and Meagan, and Brodie, and thank you for Shawn, and you better better better keep him safe, Amen" It was so sweet. Only a few tears before bed tonight, I gave each of the kids a "daddy scrunchie hug and kiss" and that helped alot.

After the kids were in bed Casey called! She said Gary had called and she had missed his phone call! I feel so bad for her! I know how badly she wanted to talk to him. While we were talking I decided to make a group on facebook. It's the "Alpha Company, 63rd Expeditionary Signal Battalion Wives and Girlfriends" group, it's private, so only us wives/girlfriends can see it, but I like it. Casey and Kristen love it too. In order to be on it you have to be invited though! We did invite the men too in hopes that they may put updates on it too. Casey posted the first "official" post which was the following:
"Well update as of today (Day 2 of Deployment)-our men have arrived safely with another 3 days of travel before they can contact us :("
And then Kristen followed up with this post:
"This is a great idea!! Brandon just emailed me and said they are safe, and the plane ride sucked..he said it was like a 24 hour plane ride, poor guys!! I will let you guys know if he sends me any more info!!! On a side note...we have to be careful about what we put on here, we can't put too much information because you never know who is reading this!! Lets do our job to keep the guys safe!!!"

So that's two of the girls that have heard from their men, so at least now I know Shawn is safe. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only wife that hasn't gotten a call or email. I'm at the point now where I'm almost scared to go to sleep for fear that I'll miss a phone call or email. It's all good though. I'm about to head to bed now, and hopefully I'll hear from Shawn tomorrow. If not I know he's safe! Now to go to my empty, lonely bed. lol This is going to take some getting used to!

I love you Shawn DeRaps! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment