Saturday, May 7, 2011

They say each day gets a little easier.....

Not sure if I believe that yet, but today was alright.

So... This morning I realized I forgot to mention one thing about my day yesterday. I bought myself a new phone, kinda like a Mother's Day present to myself. After waiting to hear from Shawn all day only for him to get online when I was at church, and almost miss the opportunity to talk to him, I knew it was time for a new phone. Lucky thing is that it was also time for a upgrade anyways. :-) So I have a new phone now a samsung galaxy??? or something like that, and I love it so far. My new phone had 3G (whatever that is) lol but the most important thing is that my phone has facebook and skype on it. So there WILL NOT be another time he's online that I miss the opportunity because I'm not at home by the computer. <3

This morning started well, got Meagan up and dressed for school as normal, and then thankfully the boys slept in just a little, so I got to sleep just a little longer. After waking we had our normal breakfast and cartoons time, and all was good. Lunch time rolled around and that went good too. lol Nap time came and the boys were in their beds. Then it was 1pm. I had an "at home" health check up to get onto Shawn's health issurance, and not a moment after she walked in the door the boys decided they didn't want to take a nap. They weren't too much in the way, they just didn't want to listen. She drew 2 viles of blood, and she only had to stick me 3 times to get it. Something tells me I'm gonna have a bruise from that later. She finally left, and not a moment too soon, cause within mins of her leaving and me getting the boys BACK into bed, SHAWN CALLED! :-)

I get soo excited everytime I hear his voice! I miss him soo much and it totally made my day just to be able to hear from him. We weren't able to talk very long, but I do know he's at his final destination and that he's safe. Apparently the rooms are super small and they are cramming 3 people in each room though, so he's feeling kinda clostrophobic (sp?). The internet isn't hooked up in the rooms yet either, so it may be another few days before he's able to get online. He was also using someone elses phone in order to call, and said he's probably going to go buy one of those too. Oh how I miss you baby!

Neither of the boys ended up taking a nap, they both played the entire time... Meagan got greens at school all week long. And those daddy dolls are still working their magic. The kids carry them around EVERYWHERE! I got the office/guest bedroom straightened and cleaned up to how it will be while Shawn's gone, finally at least one room in COMPLETE order. One room at a time and one day at a time. The kids watched tv and we had supper. In getting the office clean I also put up something for the kids. It's a map of the world I hung on one of the walls, which leads us to today's picture of the day:

If you look really close, there's a thumb tack where we live, and a thumb tack where daddy is. The kids really loved it. Andrew was so excited to be able to see where Shawn was.... and the kids said they wished they could talk to daddy, so I recorded some messages from the kids to him. I tried to upload them on to here, but I was going to take WAY too long, but I did post them on facebook.
I let the kids stay up semi-late so that maybe we'll get to sleep in a little in the morning, but I'm not going to count on it too much... Yet again, no tears tonight. Then Casey came over again tonight. :-) Our nightly Army Wives marathon. Couldn't miss it. lol We finished Season 1 tonight, and of course every one knows there is always a HUGE cliff-hanger even bigger than normal at the end of the season, so we also watched the first episode of season two also. lol Anyways during Army Wives Gary called Casey! YAY! So we both got to hear from our man today. It was awesome. And hilarous too. Gary couldn't call his parents for some reason and Casey couldn't figure out how to work the 3-way on her phone so we did it gheto style, and called Gary's parents on my phone and held the two phones together. lol Gotta love improvising. Now it's late and I'm learning that my youngest child, Andrew, talks in his sleep, because I am 100% positive I just heard him call my name and start talking, but when I checked on him he was dead asleep. lol Goodnight to all, I need to get to bed, just in case my babies decide they don't want to sleep in tomorrow. I love you babi!!! Hope to hear from you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment