Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shawn Deploys

So yesterday my husband deployed, and I can tell you right now, I DON'T LIKE IT. I know I had started a "30 day challenge" on here before but that's not going to be my blogging thing anymore. I may try to do that again after I get in a habit of blogging, but we'll see. For now, I'm going to stick to keeping my Babi updated every day. So Day 1 of deployment came and went, Shawn got on a bus and left to go get on a plane to Afganistan. Meagan and I had a good cry, Brodie just wanted to go play basketball, and Andrew fell asleep after telling Shawn goodbye.
 Daddy and Meagan
 Daddy and Andrew
 Daddy and Brodie
 My babi and me!
Our Family.... You can kinda tell my baby girl had been crying, this is our last family photo before he left.....

I exchanged phone numbers with two fellow Army wives... Casey, who is actually an Army girlfriend, and Kristen, who also has children, 2 of them ages 4 and 6 months. I foresee lots of phone calls, play dates, and lunch dates with these two girls!

After Shawn left we went to ChickFilA and the kids played for almost an hour and a half.... Crazi I know, but I didn't have any other plans and the kids were having fun. Soooo without further 'Adu'  today's picture of the day is.........
My cup and one of those awesome ketchup packets from Chickfila!


After Chickfila we went home and chilled at the house for a little while and then decided to go to James' award's ceramony. On the way I decided to stop and get some gas and OH MY LORD it was expensive to fill up Shawn's truck.... Sooo picture of the day #2 is.......

Yes that's right. 95$ to fill up Shawn's truck.... wow! Sooo much more expensive than I thought it would be! Remind me not to drive much! lol 

So anyways, James' awards ceremony ran long and was longer than I expected so after that we came straight home had a small snack and then time for bed. All three kids prayed for Shawn and that he would stay safe. Meagan started crying again and within mins of getting her calmed down, Brodie started crying. Brodie cryed for a while, and I ended up rocking him to sleep. Andrew slept well, and ended up waking around 230 with a bad dream. Over all the night went well, and although I went to sleep late, I was able to text Casey for a while last night and that helped. As for today's happenings so far, I'll blog again before bed tonight to update on that. I love you baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment