Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Fun

So first off I want to wish any mothers that are reading my blog out there a Happy Mother's Day. I had a pretty awesome one, alot better than I thought it would be without my man here... So I woke up this morning at 8. NEVER get to do that on a Sunday anymore.... At my church, Sunday School starts at 9, but you see, this morning I went to church with my mom, and Sunday School there doesn't start till 10. The extra sleep was nice. :-)

After a crazi morning of trying to get 3 kids ready for church by myself, we finally made it to church, and we were only 5 mins late.... That's not too bad is it? lol Church went well, and was very quick. After church I let Meagan and Brodie do something special for their mother, Debbie DeRaps. So I have a couple of pictures of the day today......
 My three GORGEOUS babies on Mother's Day. :-)
My roses from my babies, given to me at church
 Walkin with the ballons
Ballons and roses

So I think we relased a total of 10 ballons up to heaven for Debbie today. Although I don't know for sure if I ever met her in person, and I don't believe I ever knew her personally, I know she was an amazing woman. I wish I could have met her. One day when I die and go to heaven I know one thing I want to do is thank her for the gift she gave me, those two gorgeous wonderful children of mine who love me so much. They are a blessing, and I'm thankful everyday that I have them and get to be their mother now.

After church we went to mom's house. Daddy and James were the cooks, and prepared our lunch... but before lunch, what else but more pictures!
all of us, minus dad of course, someone had to take the picture!

So after taking the pictures and changing clothes I get a text message from Shawn's mom saying that he had called and wished her a happy mothers day, and that he had tried to call me also but I didn't answer. My first thought was that it was probably while we were letting the ballons go, and he hopefully would try to call me back. His mom reasured me that he would. A little while later I got a voicemail on my phone. My heart sank. Had he tried to call again and I had missed it because of crappy signal? :-( But then the phone started ringing. It was my man. I recieved what was possibly THE BEST mother's day present ever. A phone call from my man. We talked for probably a good 20 mins, and I was loving every min of it. He talked to the kids, wished my mom a happy mothers day, and talked to both my dad and my brother, and then when he was done he talked to me again. I love him soooo much! He's the bestest hubby ever!

So the men (daddy and James) cooked lunch today. The menu was Steak (and cheeseburgers for the kids), corn on the cob, baked potatoes, grilled veggies, and salad. It was amazing. Delicous! Mom, Dad and James gave me a mother's day card, and we gave mom the card from the kids, and one from me. After supper, mom and I got to relax some more. All the kids went down for a nap, and so did mom and I. Andrew napped with his Mamaw.... I think she needed that! And while we all napped the boys cleaned up the mess. I woke up right before it was time to go to church tonight, and at the last min decided to stay at mom's a little longer instead. We watched a movie called 8 Seconds. It was pretty good. The ending was sad, but what do you expect? lol While watching the movie we had cookies and cream ice cream YUM!

After the movie went off the kids and I finally headed home. We made it home at 8:30, just in time to have Meagan a quick bath and get all the kids to bed.... or so I thought. I got the kids ready for bed, we did our devotions, read a book, and then instead of bed, we made something special for daddy.... and since he reads this ya'll will have to find out what later. Kids finally in the bed at 9:30. The only tears tonight were Brodies. He was perfectly fine running around and having fun, but the moment the words time for bed came out of my mouth it was like magic. Instantly Brodie was curled up on the couch in a ball complaining of a tummy ache..... Funny how quickly kids can come up with excuses not to go to bed. lol

After the kids were in bed Casey came over, which leads to my final picture of the day....
Casey bought me flowers for mothers day! I felt so special! :-) Gotta love your friends! They always have a way of cheering you up when you most need it and least expect it.

She came over tonight so we could make some bows, yellow bows for a tree on base. We have a FRG meeting tomorrow, (and thank goodness Shawn got me a map of Ft Gordon before he left!) and we're putting ribbons and bows on the tree for our men. So we made our bows, and they turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself! And now all we have left to do is write on them before tomorrow's meeting. We couldn't find anything that wouldn't bleed on the ribbon, so Casey's gonna pick up some puffy paint for us to do that with tomorrow morning. After that we started our Army Wives marathon again. That is soo much fun! lol Around midnight Shawn got online and I "chatted" with him on facebook chat. This was the first time he had been able to get online, and he finally got to see this.... my blog. He said he LOVES it. I'm so glad he does, because it is mostly for him, and just a little for me. For him so he can keep up with us and for me so I can kinda feel like I'm talking to him every night before bed. I've also found out that I've got a couple of other dedicated readers who read my blog every morning with a cup of coffee... Hi Aunt Cathy!

Anyways that made two times getting to talk to my man in one day.... I couldn't have asked for a better mother's day, even if my man is away it was still awesome! I love you baby, stay safe over there! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I finally got the website and now i will be reading too... :-) Love ya sis!!

    ReplyDelete